The Gathering Place
Home to Honolulu, the state capital, and world-famous Waikiki, with its restaurants, shops, and beach, Oahu is a vibrant destination for millions of visitors from around the world. If you're seeking a lively, spirited vacation, this island is sure to deliver.
The diversity of attractions and activities you'll find here is remarkable - everything from nightclubs and architectural landmarks to championship golf courses and lush green hiking trails. And the beaches are spectacular - some quiet and secluded, others alive with constant activity.
Top 10 Things to Do on Oahu
- Soak up the sun and play in the sea at Waikiki Beach
- Swim with the tropical fish at world-famous snorkeling spot Hanauma Bay
- Hike up to the top of Diamond Head, an extinct volcano, and enjoy the panoramic views
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial at the Valor in the Pacific National Monument, honoring those who perished in the attack on Pearl Harbor
- Learn about Hawaiian and other Polynesian cultures at the interactive Polynesian Cultural Center
- Visit Iolani Palace, the only royal palace in the U.S., home to King David Kalakaua and Queen Liliuokalani, the last reigning monarchs of Hawaii
- Take a surfing lesson, or just watch the pros surf the big waves off the North Shore
- Ride the Pineapple Express train and wander through the "World's Largest Maze" at the Dole Plantation
- Shop for Hawaii souvenirs at bargain prices in the International Marketplace in Waikiki or Aloha Stadium Swap Meet
- View land and marine wildlife at the Honolulu Zoo, the Waikiki Aquarium or Sea Life Park